While it is possible to reconnect to the same remote or connect more cameras to a remote that is already connected to several cameras it is a little bit tricky and doesn’t always work. It is sometimes easier/faster and therefore recommended to connect to a new/different wifi remote, and keep the “used” wifi remote for later.
- Turn off wifi on all cameras, either though the menu, or via the wifi button on the left side of the camera
- The blue LED on the front blinks when wifi is on, and is off when wifi is off
- Turn off the wifi remote
- Turn on the first camera (it starts by default in video mode)
- Repeatedly press the power/mode button (front of camera) until the wrench symbol appears
- Press the trigger button (red button on top of camera) to select
- If you skipped over the screen with the wrench symbol and are back at the video screen, press the power/mode button until the wrench symbol appears again and then press the trigger button
- Now you are in the settings menu
- Repeatedly press power/mode button (front of camera) until you reach the ‘wireless controls’ screen
- Press the trigger button to select: the screen shows: wifi off
- Press the trigger button again
- Press power/mode button to go through the menu
- Select ‘WiFi RC’ and press trigger button
- Press mode button to go to ‘NEW’
- Select by pressing trigger button: pairing screen appears
- Turn on wifi remote. It will also show the pairing screen.
- If the wifi remote is not automatically going into the wifi pairing mode (it should), turn the remote off, press and hold the red button, click the white button, and release the red button after the wifi pairing symbol appears. This will bring the remote into the pairing mode. Be patient, and repeat until you get the timing right. If it absolutely doesn’t work, use the next remote.
- When the camera and remote are connected they will both show a ticked off box. The camera then returns to its default screen (video capture screen). The remote will ask if you want to connect more cameras.
- Press the trigger button on the remote to select ‘YES’
- Repeat from step 4 on the next camera. Don’t turn off the remote. Select ‘YES’ as long as you want to add another camera. Then select ‘NO’. It is critical that you finish each pairing step fast enough before the pairing times out on the remote.
The screen of the remote shows on top how many cameras are connected.